Location: Greater Moncton (Notre-Dame, NB)
Job Type: Full-time
The primary objective of the Project Manager (PM) is to plan, coordinate, direct, lead, and control implementations of mid to large scale projects to meet and exceed client expectations and ensure continuous improvement and superior customer service. The PM is responsible for co-establishing and implementing project management best practices and systems to ensure project goals and client expectations are met or exceeded.
The main responsibilities of the PM will consist of:
- Travel to project sites throughout North America before, during and after the project completion.
- Review, understand and evaluate project tenders, bid documents and proposals.
- Assist with project costing.
- Develop project objectives based on predefined customer strategy.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Deliver projects on time and on budget, with focus on exceptional client satisfaction, quality, safety and value-added services.
- Facilitate team building and communication within project team members, department manager, and other support staff.
- Perform post-project reviews with the intention of identifying best practices and cost breakdown.
- Coordinate with other departments, the engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, shipping, installation and commissioning of projects.
- Coordinate the purchase and installation of 3rd party equipment.
- Establish excellent working relationships with all team members.
Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technological Diploma, preferably in Engineering is an asset.
- Bilingualism, written and spoken.
- PMP Certification and P.Eng status will both be considered assets
- Previous experience preparing and managing construction documents
- Excellent computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Project, E2, MS Word, MS Excel and SolidWorks.
- Technical knowledge of construction methods, buildings systems and terminology.
- Familiarity with the construction, installation and/or design/build contracts.
- Excellent client service/management, interpersonal, problem-solving, verbal and written communications skill.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team.