Location: Greater Moncton (Notre-Dame, NB)
Job Type: Full-time
The Production Worker performs general duties in the steel fabrication shop. Duties include operating basic hand tools and assisting machine operators and welders. Housekeeping and material handling are also components of this position. The Labourer is accountable for following instructions and adhering to all company and safety policies and guidelines. The incumbent relies on direction to plan and accomplish goals. The ideal individual is punctual and possesses a strong work ethic, works well independently as well as collaborates successfully to carry out responsibilities.
Working hours are flexible with two possible shifts to accommodate your lifestyle. You can opt for our day shift from Monday to Thursday, 7am to 5pm, and Friday from 7am to 12pm. Alternatively, for those who prefer night shifts, we offer a schedule from Monday to Thursday, 5pm to 4am.
It’s important to note that our night shifts come with an additional $3 per hour. As a Production Worker, you must be able to work 40 hours per week within your chosen timeframe.
- Operate basic powered hand tools (e.g. grinder) to remove oxidization from plate edges
- Handle materials in picking parts
- Hang parts in preparation for washing bay
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Other duties as required
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Knowledge and respect of shop safety
- Able to perform physically demanding work
- Ability to communicate orally
- Familiar with safe work practices and procedures
- Must have a pair of CSA approved steel toed boots
- Availability for shift work and/or overtime