DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Location: Greater Moncton (Notre-Dame, NB)
Job Type: Full-time
Contribute to the overall success of Sparta Manufacturing by effectively managing all financial components of the company and contribute to the development of strategies and action plans to improve business performance and profitability.
The incumbent reports to the President/CEO, is accountable for the financial management of the company, that includes the estimation of capital requirements, the choice of sources of funds, the financial systems and controls, risk management, the management of surplus and dividends, the cash management, the disposal of assets, management of accounting operations and budgets and the production of financial reports designed to comply with GAAP.
Nature and Scope:
The incumbent relies on strong finance and operations knowledge, acute business acumen and reliable judgment to make sound decisions and plan and accomplish goals.
The Director of Finance is a member of the Leadership Team and leads the Accounting and Administration team members. He/she interacts effectively with all Sparta team members and collaborate successfully to carry out Director of Finance responsibilities.
Key Specific Accountability:
To actively participate with senior management in the development of strategies and action plans in order to improve business performance, company profitability and avoid financial risk.
To plan and manage the long-term financial resources of the organization to meet business objectives by estimating the company’s capital requirements, making decisions on the appropriate sources of funding and recommending surplus distribution and dividend strategies.
This function also includes financial planning and programs such as short-term and long-term credit/loans, government programs, taxation, insurance and employee pension and benefits.
To ensure proper oversight and implementation of business, finance and accounting systems through information technology that allocate and track funds, oversees monitoring and reporting efforts, manages risk and ensures functional recovery systems and streamlines and consolidates information into enterprise decision support data.
Treasury and Cash Management:
To manage the company’s short-term financial resources in order to meet operational requirements by making effective use of cash and other financial instruments, to ensure visibility and capture intra-day cash positions including cash bank position, monitor operational cash flows, estimate cash requirements and variances to ensure cash levels for upcoming obligations.
This function also is responsible for oversight of AP, AR, Payroll, disbursements and bank reconciliations.
To ensure accounting and administration processes, procedures, policies and internal controls are defined, documented and followed by all staff.
To provide oversight on the preparation, review and presentation of corporate weekly, monthly and annual financial statements, budgets, forecasts, and performance reporting.
HR & IT
To ensure leadership and management in the consistent deployment of Human Resources and Information Technology systems, processes and policies and resources.
- Strive for Excellence: To execute as a team at a higher level. Demonstrate a high degree of loyalty to the company
- Accountability: To understand, own and deliver successfully on your responsibilities.
- Attitude: To demonstrate the willingness to grow, challenge and help others.
- Honesty: To increase our speed of trust.
Competencies / Leadership Versatility:
- Inspiring trust.
- Strategic management.
- Financial acumen.
- Building organizational relationships.
- Achieving business objectives.
- Accounting designation or equivalent (5 years’ experience in a broad financial role)
- A solid commercial understanding
- A solid understanding of manufacturing cost accounting
- Ability to analyze financial results and recommend and implement necessary actions to maximize the business returns and enhance operation performance
- Experience with ERP systems
- Experience working in support of operation management team
- Experience leading teams
- Bilingualism (French and English) preferred