Location: Hybrid remote in Notre-Dame, NB, NB E4V 2K4
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
About the position:
The Sales Executive reports to the General Manager and is an integral member of the sales team for which their primary objective is to grow sales at Sparta within North America. Sparta’s approach is team selling. This is reflected in our day-to-day approach as well as with the commission plan. The ideal candidate is a seasoned technical sales executive that relies on strong technical sales experience, keen business acumen, strategic thinking, and reliable judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The Sales Executive interacts effectively with all Sparta team members, (Engineering Team/Estimators/Project Managers) and customers, collaborates successfully and works effectively remotely.
The measure of success will be identifying and securing new, profitable, and ideally, repeatable recycling systems sales for the organization and be an effective team member of a remote selling team. The Sales Executive also values building long-term relationships with customers, partners, and industry thought leaders to maximize revenue growth. Understands relevant company, industry and competitive technologies and trends to best help customers capitalize on opportunities made accessible via our portfolio of solutions.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Works with company executives to ensure company growth by creating strategies that match market potential and company knowledge and resources.
- Aligns the sales objectives with Sparta’s business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
- Grows our business in existing and new markets and niche product areas.
- Works cooperatively with team members towards the attainment of key performance indicators, drive innovation, and to implement product and workflow changes.
Sales and marketing strategy:
Drive the top line by understanding market drivers and client needs, lobbing team members to align company capabilities and ensuring execution of sales strategy.
- Develops knowledge of the industry and client needs.
- Achieves yearly sales targets.
- Contributes to the development and execution of the Recycling Sales Strategy and overall positioning and marketing efforts.
- Maintains a healthy pipeline and funnel of leads and opportunities.
To establish solid collaborative customer relationships that identify value creating opportunities and enhance value offerings to customers.
- Drives customer advocacy and help the team maintain a strong customer focus.
- Establishes, builds, and facilitates professional customer/Sparta relationships with potential Single Stream, C&D, and Organics (Compost, Peat and Mulch) clients and industry influencers across North America.
- Communicates Sparta’s distinctive value proposition and position strategically according to customers’ opportunities and challenges.
Field sales execution:
To identify readiness of potential clients by following up on discussions and leads and assist in negotiating and closing deals.
- Identifies prospective clients and advances leads and opportunities through the sales process.
- Monitors key customer, market and competitor activities and provides feedback to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Responds to product, service and bid requests.
- Participates in industry forums, trade shows, events, and networking opportunities specific to our target markets.
Cross functional teamwork :
To work with team members to drive the bottom line by creating agility in meeting customer needs, making continuous improvements, and efficiently delivering value added projects.
- Identifies client technical needs.
- Identifies and develops value creating functionalities, processes, and product improvements.
- Look for opportunities to increase earnings and reduce cost.
- Strong Sales background.
- Experience with market analysis, sales strategies, managing a pipeline and using a CRM.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to build and maintain strategic working relationships.
- Ability to implement effective sales efforts and adjust for industry trends, marketplace changes, compiling activity, and customer needs.
- Excellent English, listening ability and exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- Adept using CRM’s, i.e. Salesforce.com.
- Possess an exceptional level of professionalism, integrity, and customer focus.
- High degree of energy, self-motivation, combined with effective organizational, time management skills and follow through ability.
- Ability to work well independently and in a high performance, fast-paced environment.
- Driven and success oriented.
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Degree or Diploma in Sales, Marketing, Business, or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years sales experience