Location: In person (Notre-Dame, NB)
Job Type: Full-time
We seek a highly skilled and motivated Project Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a Project Engineer, you will be pivotal in implementing, planning, and designing custom engineering projects. Your mechanical engineering and technical problem-solving expertise will be vital to delivering exceptional results.
The successful candidate will ensure that projects align with established requirements and achieve the desired operational targets for end-users. In pursuit of continuous improvement, they will actively assess and enhance methods, processes, equipment, and technologies. Collaborating closely with professionals across diverse departments, including sales, project management, and production, the Project Engineer facilitates the company’s ability to deliver projects punctually while striving for utmost customer satisfaction.
- Develop project engineering objectives based on predefined customer strategy.
- Define the scope of engineering effort required to meet objectives.
- Define engineering activities, sequences of events, dependencies, and duration of tasks required to complete projects.
- Adherence to established engineering workflow processes and procedures
- Peer review and design reviews
- Periodic travel to support project management and installation activities
- Advanced quality planning (as determined for each project)
- Review designs for compliance with customer specifications and company objectives.
- Organize and actively participate in the project design review meetings.
- Evaluate and approve design changes and drawing releases.
- Assist in constructing a detailed engineering schedule.
- Participate in the decision to engineer the job with internal or external engineering resources.
- Actively monitor budget and schedule and promptly deliver the project on time and under budget.
- Write and submit “deviations” to Operations to the customer specifications as required.
- Monitor labor expenditures and write Engineering changes to account for unanticipated cost overruns or customer-driven changes.
- Work with various personnel assigned throughout all phases of the project.
- Recommend project personnel to specific phases or project tasks such as conceptual development, obtaining customer approval, material purchases, and, where applicable, layout, detailing, and check
- Participate in monitoring and evaluating the external supplier for compliance with applicable quality standards and program schedules.
- Identifies engineering process improvements.
Skills and Competencies:
- Post-secondary degree, Diploma, or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Approx. 5 years of direct work experience
- Solid understanding of machine design concepts
- Strong time management skills
- Familiarity with SolidWorks software
- Attention to detail and consistent follow-through.
- Excellent listening ability and exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Possess an exceptional level of professionalism, integrity, and customer focus.
- Ability to work well independently and in a high-performance, fast-paced team environment.
- Fluent in French/English